Sahabat-sahabat PPIM Student Chapter yang dikasihi,
Seperti tahun-tahun sebelumnya, FIMA & WAMY sekali lagi menganjurkan Summer Camp for Medical Students. Oleh itu, sahabat-sahabat PPIM Student Chapter dari dalam dan luar negara dijemput untuk menyertai program kali ini.
Summer Camp kali ni hanya terbuka kepada peserta LELAKI sahaja. Segala urusan sepanjang Camp adalah ditanggung pihak penganjur, peserta hanya perlu menanggung TIKET PERJALANAN (flight atau bas) sahaja ke sana. Detail program adalah seperti dilampirkan pada pengumuman ini.
Sahabat yang berminat bolehlah submit detail sebagaimana di bawah, sebelum 12 tengahhari (waktu Malaysia), Ahad, 20 Jun 2010.
1. Full name
2. College & year
3. Passport No.
4. Full M'sia Address
5. Phone No. (Home & Mobile)
Sila emailkan detail kepada Sdr. Ahmad Faidhi, di firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com. Atau SMS ke 012-9739330 jika ada sebarang pertanyaan.
Response dari sahabat semua amat dialu-alukan. Terima kasih.
PPIM Student Chapter
THE 12TH FIMA INTERNATIONAL CAMP FOR MEDICAL STUDENTS
· Start: Saturday, July 17, 2010 G (5/8/1431 H)
· End: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 G (11/8/1431 H)
Islamic Medical Association in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (IMAKSA)/ World Assembly of Muslim Youth (WAMY)
· WAMY Office, Cairo.
Creative Jet Beach Resort, Al-Ain – Al-Sukhna, Egypt.
(Located on the Red Sea, approximately 20 km to Suez and 100 km to Cairo).
“Change Triad for Health Professionals”
Change is an everlasting human phenomenon. However, the change can be towards positive or negative direction; active or passive; slow or fast; well planned and balanced or haphazard and astray … etc.
Any combination of these conditions can result in very complex consequences. It is our responsibility to choose the change we prefer: direction, magnitude, rate and method …etc.
It is our sole responsibility to change ourselves positively. The Divine law entails that change start from people will and act. Allah intervention comes through human efforts. This is law of change that we are ordained to observe. This concept has been pointed out very clearly in two verses of the Noble Quran:
· “That is because Allah would not change a favor which He had bestowed upon a people until they change what is within themselves. And indeed, Allah is Hearing and Knowing”. (Al-Anfal: 53)
· “Indeed, Allah will not change the condition of a people until they change what is in themselves”. (Ar-Ra’d: 11).
Based on this principle and concept, FIMA students affair council has been continuously absorbed in activities that focus in youth development in all aspects; particularly those features pertaining to health profession and more importantly those pertaining to Islam religion whose moderate teachings aim to raise up its people to be models for and witnesses over all human beings.
“And thus we have made you a just community that you will be witnesses over the people and the Messenger will be a witness over you”. (Al-Baqarah: 143).
Hence theme of this 12th FIMA International CAMP for MEDICAL STUDENTS focuses on the constructive change that should be implemented to develop the personality of medical students and young doctors; in the three main dimensions; namely: the Mind, the Body and the Spirit. In order to have this triad change effective and optimal, it needs to be complete, integrated, balanced and science/religion–based.
In quest of fulfilling this objective, we invited expert trainers and speakers who have been involved handling youth development and care.
We hope this gathering and activity will be very instrumental in life change for the sake of our students, their communities, countries and the world.
To be announced later.
OVERVIEW OF THE CAMP
· An annual gathering of Muslim medical students from all over the world.
· The students participate in a comprehensive program of educational, cultural, social, sport, tourist and recreational activities.
· The operations follow closely the scouting camp system.
· The students themselves under supervision by senior doctors primarily run the administration of the camp and its activities.
· The duration of the camp is full 6 days.
· Registration time
Any time from now till Deadline Date.
· Deadline date for Registration
Sunday, 20 June 2010
· Last Date of Arrival to camp site
Friday, 16 July 2010
· Period of camping
From: Saturday, July 17, 2010
To: Wednesday, July 21, 2010
· Date of departure
Thursday, July 22, 2010
· To foster brotherhood among Muslim students of various Islamic Medical Associations (IMAs) and countries.
· To enhance mutual understanding and cooperation.
· To exchange information and experiences.
· To provide leadership training and organizational skills.
· To strengthen the involvement of students in IMA activities.
· To promote communication and networking among the student chapters of IMAs and other countries.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
· Students of Medical and Health Colleges who are affiliated to and/or nominated by Islamic Medical Associations.
· “Students” can be extended to include first year house officer or newly graduate.
· “Medical and Health Colleges” could be college of medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, health sciences or any other health-related college.
· “Islamic Medical Associations” (IMAs) should be active, associate or pending members of FIMA.
Male Medical students only this time:
1. In this particular camp, only male medical students can participate.
2. Unfortunately, we CANNOT accommodate female participants this time because of inevitable reasons related to venue, space, and logistics.
· Lectures & Seminars
· Roundtable discussions & Workshops
· Project presentation
· Spiritual sessions
· Cultural show
· Basic survival skills
· Outdoor activities and sports
· Educational tours
· Community Health Service
LANGUAGE OF THE CAMP
· The field language is English.
· The lecturers will specify their language of delivery. Simultaneous Arabic/English translation is provided when needed.
· 100 students
· Each IMA is allowed a maximum of 10 students, with more quotas for the organizing IMA and the host country.
· Supervisors: Each IMA should nominate 1 senior student to be the supervisor for their delegation. This supervisor is expected to take care of the communication between the camp supervisor and his IMA/delegation.
· Acceptance of registration follows “First-come, first-served” principle.
· The IMAs or individual students are responsible for the cost of their return tickets to hosting country as well as their Visa fees.
· There are NO registration fees for the camp.
· Accommodation, meals and local transportation will be provided FREE OF CHARGE by IMAKSA/WAMY during the sole days of camp activities.
· Participants are responsible for expenses of their stay during days outside the program period.
· Visa for entry into the hosting country is the SOLE RESPONSIBILITY of the IMAs and/or the participants.
· IMAKSA or WAMY unfortunately CANNOT secure visas for the participants.
· To avoid problems of entry visa, visitors should make sure that the expiry date of their passports is AT LEAST 6 MONTHS AFTER THE DATE of expected return departure.
· The registration deadline is Sunday, June 20, 2010
· All students must be registered by their own IMAs.
· Students not affiliated to any IMAs may register through a neighboring IMA or apply directly.
· Kindly note that it is necessary to complete the attached "Registration Form" in Excel sheet and e-mail it to Dr. Atallah Al-Ruhaily, supervisor general of the camp on firstname.lastname@example.org. We strongly encourage getting the list of all participants from each IMA together as a group in one sheet.
· The registration is not acceptable unless you receive acknowledgement and letter of acceptance from the camp supervisor.
· Participants are advised to arrange their flight reservation to Cairo in ahead of time.
· Advice and guidance could be obtained from local logistic committee in Egypt.
· Receiving of participants at Airport of Cairo and transportation to camp site will be arranged free of charge only if the full details of the confirmed flights of the participants are submitted to us ahead of time (at least one week before the commencement of the camp i.e. before 10 July 2010)
· The camp administration is not responsible for reception of those who fail to abide with this condition.
· In communication with us for the itinerary of participants, we strongly encourage you to use the attached form titled "Flight Details Form" for clarity and convenience.
· Upon acceptance of registration, we will send you the contacts numbers for reception committee in airports.
Dr. Atallah Al-Ruhaily
Chairman, FIMA Students Affairs Council (FIMASAC)
Supervisor General, 12th FIMA Students Camp.
E. Mail: email@example.com